Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Under the Radar

Lately I've been enjoying limiting the amount that I share... until I didn't have a phone for three weeks (going on four) and sharing anything became much more difficult.

No phone calls, no texts, no pictures--ack!

My old phone died unexpectedly. I know I should have upgraded earlier. That would have saved a great hassle. But that's all that it's been, a trouble, a nuisance. I realize problems could be much worse.

Normally I'm fine setting the phone aside. For most of the day it sits on the counter practically untouched. However, since this was not a willing choice, I've been feeling a little dysfunctional without it.

I'm not sure when 'll have a phone again. Hopefully soon because I have not been without a phone for this long in my adult life. For now I will be keeping a low profile, reluctantly.

Nevertheless, I did the writing prompt for the most recent episode of Typewriter Club LIVE!  Thought I might share it this way and see what happens. Thanks to all those fun folks that make the show a delight to watch; you know who you are!

So, here it is, my short essay for the writing prompt: "If typewriters could talk mine would say..."


I'm really hoping to get to my first segment flush sometime soon. I think I'm ready for the challenge. Lord knows this swell gal will really enjoy the spa works! (And now I feel a little silly for thinking of it as a challenge considering those who might happen to read this post, but hey! It's my first time!) 

Take care, y'all! And reach out to someone you care about today because you never know when someone is struggling with feelings of isolation. Let's keep lifting each other up!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, typing prompt on graph paper! :D
    We've missed you at TCL - hope that you drop by soon, but no pressure or anything. Just lots of fun peeps.
    Also, good work in cross-linking your TWDB gallery to the blog post. Great traffic enhancer. Google loves it. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, "phones". I might well find myself in the same boat soon enough. The model I use is about 6 years old now. I hang on to it as it is quite a bit smaller than any of the current models. At any rate, it's good to see a new post from you Emily. Hang in there and we'll see you on TCL when we see you.

    P.S. (yes, I'm actually adding a "P.S." to an online text comment, it has sort of become a force of habit after typing so many letters) I'm confident that the segment flush will go just fine. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete